TNN Reboot Complex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

How Far Into the Universe Should We Go?

Auto-Turret - A replacement for the Watchdog I_vote_lcap47%Auto-Turret - A replacement for the Watchdog I_vote_rcap 47% [ 7 ]
Auto-Turret - A replacement for the Watchdog I_vote_lcap53%Auto-Turret - A replacement for the Watchdog I_vote_rcap 53% [ 8 ]

Total Votes : 15

Auto-Turret - A replacement for the Watchdog

4 posters

Go down

Auto-Turret - A replacement for the Watchdog Empty Auto-Turret - A replacement for the Watchdog

Post by MMage Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:24 pm

A replacement for the Watchdog would be an automatic defense turret, or the Auto-Turret. You could put it on a website, or Planet, or w/e we will call them, and it would wait there until someone tried to lay a mine. It would then either A: Scare them away with gunfire, or B: Destroy the mine in question by shooting it. Either solution would work, and a ton of turrets could be placed on popular sites, such as Google.
MMage
MMage
Valhalla Protocol
Valhalla Protocol

Back to top Go down

Auto-Turret - A replacement for the Watchdog Empty Re: Auto-Turret - A replacement for the Watchdog

Post by blackblade9 Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:27 pm

i thought of somthin like that awhile ago dont know y i never posted but the name i had was P.D.T planetary defense turret (feel free to use it if u like it)
blackblade9
blackblade9
Enterprising
Enterprising

Back to top Go down

Auto-Turret - A replacement for the Watchdog Empty Re: Auto-Turret - A replacement for the Watchdog

Post by Elric58 Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:57 pm

I am wondering if these could be made to be 'rechargeable' or 'reloadable', as in a player puts one on a site and gives it a set amount of charges or rounds. If they should happen to check on the turret before it has totally used up its ammunition, the player could then reload or recharge it at less of a cost to placing another turret on the site.

Not sure game-wise or coding-wise how feasible this is, but now the thought is out here.
Elric58
Elric58
Enterprising
Enterprising

Back to top Go down

Post by MMage Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:42 pm

That could be win. But then there should be a limit to how many a play can have up at once, since if someone just goes to google and spams 50 or so of them, it would be a huge load on the server for the reloading of all those instances.

It might just be a huge load on the server for having variables for the variables (i.e. how many turrets are on google, and how many charges they each have). I like this idea, it would be win, but I dunno if possible right off the bat.
MMage
MMage
Valhalla Protocol
Valhalla Protocol

Back to top Go down

Post by Elric58 Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:57 am

Limit the turrets to one per player per page (or site) and definitely put a limit on the number of charges or rounds of ammo it could have. Maybe have it be semi-permanent, as in the turret stays but does nothing if it is out of ammo and it needs to be reloaded or recharged within a set period of time from when it becomes empty or it is destroyed.

There could also be a weapon/device of some sort that could damage and/or destroy a turret other than a missile.
Elric58
Elric58
Enterprising
Enterprising

Back to top Go down

Post by GiGi Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:10 pm

I think there should be a limit to not just how many can go on a page but how many a day...
GiGi
GiGi
Valhalla Protocol
Valhalla Protocol

Back to top Go down

Post by GiGi Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:41 pm

This thread has been previewed and moved to FTL.
GiGi
GiGi
Valhalla Protocol
Valhalla Protocol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down