TNN Reboot Complex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

How Far Into the Universe Should We Go?

Virus - A replacement for St. Nicks I_vote_lcap47%Virus - A replacement for St. Nicks I_vote_rcap 47% [ 7 ]
Virus - A replacement for St. Nicks I_vote_lcap53%Virus - A replacement for St. Nicks I_vote_rcap 53% [ 8 ]

Total Votes : 15

Virus - A replacement for St. Nicks

4 posters

Go down

Virus - A replacement for St. Nicks Empty Virus - A replacement for St. Nicks

Post by MMage Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:16 pm

A replacement for the St. Nick would be the Virus, infecting hostile abilities such as Mines and Missiles and making them malfunction and fail, thus blocking the tool. Multiple Viruses could be in the mainframe of the enemy Ship for a large amount of time, with up to 5 (or more, maybe) of them.

Discuss.
MMage
MMage
Valhalla Protocol
Valhalla Protocol

Back to top Go down

Virus - A replacement for St. Nicks Empty Re: Virus - A replacement for St. Nicks

Post by GiGi Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:21 pm

I like the virus idea. It's different from TNN, and that's a big plus for me.
GiGi
GiGi
Valhalla Protocol
Valhalla Protocol

Back to top Go down

Virus - A replacement for St. Nicks Empty Re: Virus - A replacement for St. Nicks

Post by Elric58 Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:50 pm

Mmage, I'm loving where you're going with your ideas.

I hope you don't take the following as a negative, but I would love it even more if we didn't just try to come up with a sci-fi version of the tools used in TNN or NI, but new ones that bear no resemblance at all to things used in other games.

Like I said, not meant as a negative because I think that what you are throwing out here is flippin' awesome!!
Elric58
Elric58
Enterprising
Enterprising

Back to top Go down

Post by MMage Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:39 pm

Why thank you Elric.

Also, my ideas are TNN related so that we simply have to modify the existing code for the stuff (like the st.nick in this case) only a tiny bit to have a working, awesome tool. More stuff will be created, and I encourage that, but making use of the code that is already there is a Win.
MMage
MMage
Valhalla Protocol
Valhalla Protocol

Back to top Go down

Post by dav13 Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:54 pm

St.Nicks are used
to stop the stoppers.
So, "Monkey Wrench"

I like the name VirusRust a) because it becomes a searchable term that isn't both, at the same time, confused with biologicals and with computerviruses,trojans,etc. .

I also like the crimethink way of reversing the nouns to change the emphasis.
dav13
dav13
Intermediary
Intermediary

Back to top Go down

Post by GiGi Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:53 pm

I agree with MMage that tweaking what code is there is a lot easier than writing brand new code.... I've said this before...
If you want to rework something from the bottom up, and you have an idea of how you want it done, please feel free to code it for us and we will work it into the game... otherwise, let's not try to reinvent the wheel.

As to dav2's suggestion-- I like the idea of making our tools searchable by creating our own compound words. I think this could really help us pull away from any clone issues, and can give us the rebranding we're looking for.
GiGi
GiGi
Valhalla Protocol
Valhalla Protocol

Back to top Go down

Post by GiGi Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:31 pm

This thread has been previewed and moved to FTL.
GiGi
GiGi
Valhalla Protocol
Valhalla Protocol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down