TNN Reboot Complex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

How Far Into the Universe Should We Go?

6 Classes Needed I_vote_lcap47%6 Classes Needed I_vote_rcap 47% [ 7 ]
6 Classes Needed I_vote_lcap53%6 Classes Needed I_vote_rcap 53% [ 8 ]

Total Votes : 15

6 Classes Needed

5 posters

Go down

6 Classes Needed Empty 6 Classes Needed

Post by GiGi Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:44 pm

We still need ideas as to what the classes/factions/guilds should be. Since the code is already set to interact with 6 (3 order/ 3 chaos) it probably would be easiest to stick with this idea.

We need your suggestions on what to call these classes and what functions they should serve. The general consensus seems to be steering us away from the idea that classes be separated by galaxies, and instead be merely types of people that interact within all galaxies. So far, Rain has suggested that instead of order vs. chaos we have pirates vs. law enforcement. Feel free to run with this idea or come up with one of your own.

GiGi
GiGi
Valhalla Protocol
Valhalla Protocol

Back to top Go down

6 Classes Needed Empty Re: 6 Classes Needed

Post by nginferno Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:42 pm

If we're actually having pirates vs law enforcement, I've got a space game that could provide us with some classic classes like bounty hunter, space police(probably will be switched to something much cooler) and pirate etc.
nginferno
nginferno
Adept of Pyromancy
Adept of Pyromancy

Back to top Go down

Post by Illeria Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:19 am

Pirates versus Law doesn't really fit into the Space meme, unless you're going for the Disney movie version. I propose we use a Galactic Alliance versus Galactic's Seedy Underground sort of thing. Obviously I'm blanking on a foe here, but the point remains valid. ^.^
Illeria
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Back to top Go down

Post by nginferno Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:46 am

But if we're going to have alien races, it just makes this easier. Two alliances of the races would work just fine.
nginferno
nginferno
Adept of Pyromancy
Adept of Pyromancy

Back to top Go down

Post by Elric58 Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:19 am

Somehow the 'pirate vs law enforcement' doesn't tickle my fancy. It's like having to choose good vs bad and I'm not sure that's what we want. Of course, I could be completely wrong on that!! confused

I don't want to reuse the 'order vs chaos' thing, as that would seem a bit too much like redoing TNN. Perhaps competing entities of some sort, like corporations or something like that. They are neither good nor evil, they just have conflicting goals or veiwpoints or something that puts them in conflict. Probably not as easy as good guys against bad guys, but probably more on the educational side of things. It would also lend itself to more than two groups competing against one another. If there are going to be 6 classes, they could be grouped in pairs, giving us 3 competing entities. This would also lend itself to having deals made between two of the three and all kinds of wheeling and dealing.

I am probably getting way ahead of things, but I thought I would throw the idea out there.

Oh, and I hope we don't have to end up using classes from other games. A little repetition will likely occur, but I really believe we have some very creative minds in this group and we should be able to come up with some pretty cool and fairly (if not totally) unique ideas for our classes and what they can do.
Elric58
Elric58
Enterprising
Enterprising

Back to top Go down

Post by nginferno Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:40 am

3 competing entities you say? Maybe three rivaling mining companies that are competing for the ores they are trying to mine across the galaxy, how does that sound?
nginferno
nginferno
Adept of Pyromancy
Adept of Pyromancy

Back to top Go down

Post by Elric58 Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:53 am

That sounds like a definite possibility, NG!

My thought was to possibly create a dynamic that could be more than just the standard "us against them', '1-on-1', 'good vs evil' kind of thing. With 3 entities (or maybe more down the line), there is the potential for much more interaction and variety of interaction between them. Partnerships, alliances, backroom deals, all kinds of things.
Elric58
Elric58
Enterprising
Enterprising

Back to top Go down

Post by GiGi Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:59 am

I like the idea of 3 competing groups... it forces us to use our noggins to distance ourselves from the been-there/done-that scenario.
GiGi
GiGi
Valhalla Protocol
Valhalla Protocol

Back to top Go down

Post by dav13 Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:45 pm

Think Risk (and, yes, I had to google up to find the name)
or think the NFL or All-Stars Baseball games.

One could easily have regional entities.

Or since we don't know enuf astronomy, one could have the hotblooded Martian Colonialists vs. the traditional redtape Earthers, vs. the sluggish powerful Jovians as these colonized planets look for serfdoms of their own.
dav13
dav13
Intermediary
Intermediary

Back to top Go down

Post by GiGi Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:05 am

I have a rough idea forming for 3 classes

Builders -- Destroyers/ Benefactors
Explorers -- Vigilantes/ Bedouins
Collegiates -- Pathmakers/ Seers

Builders would want to set up "camps" or "villages" at new territories (web sites) The Builders would be doing this in the name of business so think corporate village status.

Explorers would want to travel into new territories to see what they can find, and at the same time want to preserve the "natural landscape" (so they would be at war with both builders and collegiates)

Collegiates search new sites to claim for information and resources. Because they are claiming in the name of research they want no "camps" on their sites and want to build "research stations" to plunder for resources that the explorers want destroyed to keep the site as it was intended.

This idea needs a lot of work, but with names like "builder", "explorer", "collegiate" it gives the appearance of fitting the educational market. Good buzz words for a sales pitch.

Input and help with this, please?!
GiGi
GiGi
Valhalla Protocol
Valhalla Protocol

Back to top Go down

Post by GiGi Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:05 am

I have a rough idea forming for 3 classes...

Builders -- Destroyers/ Benefactors
Explorers -- Vigilantes/ Bedouins
Collegiates -- Pathmakers/ Seers

Builders would want to set up "camps" or "villages" at new territories (web sites) The Builders would be doing this in the name of business so think corporate village status.

Explorers would want to travel into new territories to see what they can find, and at the same time want to preserve the "natural landscape" (so they would be at war with both builders and collegiates)

Collegiates search new sites to claim for information and resources. Because they are claiming in the name of research they want no "camps" on their sites and want to build "research stations" to plunder for resources that the explorers want destroyed to keep the site as it was intended.

This idea needs a lot of work, but with names like "builder", "explorer", "collegiate" it gives the appearance of fitting the educational market. Good buzz words for a sales pitch.

Input and help with this, please?!
GiGi
GiGi
Valhalla Protocol
Valhalla Protocol

Back to top Go down

Post by GiGi Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:29 pm

This thread has been reviewed and moved to FTL.
GiGi
GiGi
Valhalla Protocol
Valhalla Protocol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down