TNN Reboot Complex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

How Far Into the Universe Should We Go?

Missles - A replacement for Grenades I_vote_lcap47%Missles - A replacement for Grenades I_vote_rcap 47% [ 7 ]
Missles - A replacement for Grenades I_vote_lcap53%Missles - A replacement for Grenades I_vote_rcap 53% [ 8 ]

Total Votes : 15

Missles - A replacement for Grenades

5 posters

Go down

Missles - A replacement for Grenades Empty Missles - A replacement for Grenades

Post by MMage Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:34 am

(This could also be called Torpedoes, or something similar)

A natural transition for damaging players at range instead of a grenade, since we're using space ships, would be Missiles (or Torpedoes if we dun want to be as violent). A ship (player) could shoot them at another ship and damage them or their Shields. They would be stopped by our version of St. Nicks (name yet to be determined), and only a maximum of them, maybe 5, could be sent to one player at a time (Message displayed when too many missles are sent at one player yet to be determined).
MMage
MMage
Valhalla Protocol
Valhalla Protocol

Back to top Go down

Missles - A replacement for Grenades Empty Re: Missles - A replacement for Grenades

Post by GiGi Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:17 pm

I like the idea of missiles... and I think it would be a great idea give Northrop Grumman the honor of officially naming at least one of them, and then we can do some free advertising for them by working a Northrop Grumman symbol in the shop's background artwork. I hate flash ads, but I'm all for giving a nod to a company that is going to help us get this off the ground.
GiGi
GiGi
Valhalla Protocol
Valhalla Protocol

Back to top Go down

Missles - A replacement for Grenades Empty Re: Missles - A replacement for Grenades

Post by nginferno Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:05 pm

So... What happened to S.T.A.R?
nginferno
nginferno
Adept of Pyromancy
Adept of Pyromancy

Back to top Go down

Post by Illeria Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:01 am

I like the idea of giving a nod to NG instead of a full out flashing neon sign of yay-i-tude. The nod of acknowledgment I had in mind was an emblem on the side of the missile, to be shown in the icon of the missile or baring that a tiny witty emote from NG at the point of impact!
Illeria
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Back to top Go down

Post by dav13 Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:59 pm

Missles - A replacement for Grenades 20090429_ACME_Rocket

Acme is the housebrand for Bugs Bunny cartoons.
Acme is, ofc, a real word, tho at the pinnacle of most's vocab.

[Tuesday 09:57:57 am] .dict acme
[Tuesday 09:57:59 am] [Definition] (n) acme, height, elevation, peak, pinnacle, summit, superlative, meridian, tiptop, top (the h
[Tuesday 09:58:00 am] [Definition] (n) vertex, peak, apex, acme (the highest point (of something)) "at the peak of the pyramid"

Thanks Hal.
dav13
dav13
Intermediary
Intermediary

Back to top Go down

Post by GiGi Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:23 pm

Remembers dav2's suggestion about creating our own compound words to make names and wonders what kind of words we can create to name our missles...
GiGi
GiGi
Valhalla Protocol
Valhalla Protocol

Back to top Go down

Post by dav13 Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:25 am

Missivles or Missicles
The message in a bottle (a missive)
A tap on the shoulder
A 'love' tap
A 'kilroy was here' message
A 'gotcha'
These are all how the 'nades are used.
so the message can reflect that.
dav13
dav13
Intermediary
Intermediary

Back to top Go down

Post by GiGi Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:16 pm

This thread has been previewed and moved to FTL.
GiGi
GiGi
Valhalla Protocol
Valhalla Protocol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down