TNN Reboot Complex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

How Far Into the Universe Should We Go?

Stealth - an upgrade to Armor I_vote_lcap47%Stealth - an upgrade to Armor I_vote_rcap 47% [ 7 ]
Stealth - an upgrade to Armor I_vote_lcap53%Stealth - an upgrade to Armor I_vote_rcap 53% [ 8 ]

Total Votes : 15

Stealth - an upgrade to Armor

4 posters

Go down

Stealth - an upgrade to Armor Empty Stealth - an upgrade to Armor

Post by MMage Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:24 am

As an 'upgrade' (maybe based on level or something, kind of like Vengence right now) to Shields, a ship could enter Stealth Mode, and for the cost of Pings (for lack of a better word), a ship would slip by Mines and other hostile attacks/things (It could be shown as something like '(x) shot a missile at you, but it missed because you were in Stealth Mode!'). Stealth mode could either take Pings for each page you go to with it active, or damage your pings instead of your DP when you get hit (i.e. Missle hits (x) while stealthed, (x) loses (y) Pings instead of (z) DP).
MMage
MMage
Valhalla Protocol
Valhalla Protocol

Back to top Go down

Stealth - an upgrade to Armor Empty Re: Stealth - an upgrade to Armor

Post by blackblade9 Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:24 am

that sounds good
blackblade9
blackblade9
Enterprising
Enterprising

Back to top Go down

Stealth - an upgrade to Armor Empty Stealth upgrade

Post by GiGi Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:48 pm

I really like this idea. Stealth suit prototypes are already being used in the combat field with our snipers today, and it is a field of research that is currently being heavily invested in. For those reasons the concept of stealth mode armor doesn't seem far fetched, and it is a likely conclusion that development would be perfected in the future.

I think if we stick with things like this that may not be readily available yet, but have a level of plausibility, it will help us keep from getting too far off track. This will make the transition between Astroscience and our own created lore a lot more seamless.
GiGi
GiGi
Valhalla Protocol
Valhalla Protocol

Back to top Go down

Post by nginferno Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:49 pm

But losing pings is quite awful imo, at least in TNN anyway. But I think a ship would not trigger mines in stealth mode, instead of dodging them, since a if a mine can't detect the ship, it would not activate.
nginferno
nginferno
Adept of Pyromancy
Adept of Pyromancy

Back to top Go down

Post by GiGi Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:18 pm

This thread has been reviewed and moved to FTL.
GiGi
GiGi
Valhalla Protocol
Valhalla Protocol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down