TNN Reboot Complex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

How Far Into the Universe Should We Go?

TNN  Goes Sci-Fi ?! I_vote_lcap47%TNN  Goes Sci-Fi ?! I_vote_rcap 47% [ 7 ]
TNN  Goes Sci-Fi ?! I_vote_lcap53%TNN  Goes Sci-Fi ?! I_vote_rcap 53% [ 8 ]

Total Votes : 15

TNN Goes Sci-Fi ?!

4 posters

Go down

TNN  Goes Sci-Fi ?! Empty TNN Goes Sci-Fi ?!

Post by GiGi Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:09 am

An idea has been suggested that if we write our own version of a TNN type game we take the sci-fi angle. The factions would be divided into different solar systems with each having it's own attributes similar to the classes in TNN, and the portals would be wormholes. Your suggestions are welcome, however due to copyright infringement any ideas that use something that is already branded will be dismissed and removed.

Additionally, anything educational that can be included is a plus. It will be easier to get funding by presenting this as something with an educational edge. Your ideas do not have to be strictly educational, but please keep in mind the science behind quantum theory as you help us brainstorm and post. And remember, quantum theory is just that... theory; a guess, so there's lots of room for speculation and imagination.
GiGi
GiGi
Valhalla Protocol
Valhalla Protocol

Back to top Go down

TNN  Goes Sci-Fi ?! Empty Re: TNN Goes Sci-Fi ?!

Post by nginferno Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:04 am

Solar systems huh...
So I am currently suggesting the new "grenade"

S.T.A.R
Short for Spacial Teleportation ARmament.

Description: A S.T.A.R, short for Spacial Teleportation Armament is a weapon designed specially to attack a person from galaxies away. It is equipped with a single use Teleporter (I am going to change it if a new "portal" is suggested) and a cross galaxy tracer. After the target has been designated, it hovers for for a few seconds tracking the target over the range of 3 light years and then it teleports beside the target and discharges all of its energy in an electrical storm. Although it is not an effective tool for murder, victims of the S.T.A.R usually stay paralyzed for a few days.
nginferno
nginferno
Adept of Pyromancy
Adept of Pyromancy

Back to top Go down

Post by LoKI v.1 Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:34 pm

Instead of having solar systems be factions, my suggestion would be to have each solar system be a website (Or main domain, for you technical types) Subdomains could be planets, with moons representing pages on said subdomains, and the asteroid fields could be the pages of the main domain itself. Or, you could simply say that all the pages were planets. From this, we can deduce that the civilization of this universe must be at least intra-galactic, if not inter-galactic. Perhaps an intergalactic empire (Each Galaxy representing a search engine, one for bing, one for yahoo, one for google, etc.) with ftl or wormhole technology. Maybe it's a bit overbearing, and there is a resistance growing (Faction 2). Maybe there are aliens (Faction 2/3). Maybe there is a second empire, which is at war with the first (Faction 2/3/4)

Just my two cents =)
LoKI v.1
LoKI v.1
Gets Free Cookies
Gets Free Cookies

https://tnnrebootcomplex.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by blackblade9 Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:45 pm

Ok so here is my idea for our story.
In a galaxy far far away…o wait that’s star wars sorry.
Ok so wherever this is taking place. Theres a nation there and whenever someone breaks the law rather then put them in prison they jettison them off into space. Now that’s worked fine up tell now see what they don’t know is these criminals have been landing and surviving and now have a nation of their own. Now the main nation doesn’t know this because they have never left there galaxy but they will know soon because these criminals have built up and have advanced and they now have space travel. Even more they have a want of revenge because these people are the people who did this to them and they are coming to extract that revenge that they have wanted for so long.
blackblade9
blackblade9
Enterprising
Enterprising

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum