TNN Reboot Complex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

How Far Into the Universe Should We Go?

Mother, May I? - The Vigilant Fight Against Order I_vote_lcap47%Mother, May I? - The Vigilant Fight Against Order I_vote_rcap 47% [ 7 ]
Mother, May I? - The Vigilant Fight Against Order I_vote_lcap53%Mother, May I? - The Vigilant Fight Against Order I_vote_rcap 53% [ 8 ]

Total Votes : 15

Mother, May I? - The Vigilant Fight Against Order

3 posters

Go down

Mother, May I? - The Vigilant Fight Against Order Empty Mother, May I? - The Vigilant Fight Against Order

Post by SgtWidget Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:11 am

In an attitude similar to the one found here - https://tnnrebootcomplex.forumotion.com/armor-f24/armor-getting-destructive-up-in-here-t53.htm - I argue that if Vigilantes are truly on the side of Chaos in a War for Control of the Interwebs, while partly they should be thwarting mines and such, they should also be able to thwart the deployment of the Tools of Order.

Want to put down a lightpost? Prevented by 'Nick. What about a crate? Nicked! Ballistic Nicks to destroy armor are already part of the system, so that's taken care of.

Perhaps this is a higher level Nick, and/or perhaps this is one of those little checkboxes that must be ticked (to stop orderly tools instead?). Or maybe it's stopping destroyers (aka your own side) that requires a higher level? I get the impression that layering is easier codewise - so 5 order-stopping Nicks, 5 mine-stopping Nicks, 5 ballistic Nicks, etc. - but if I'm wrong, it could just be Nicks. Or, since this is chaos, dammit, Nicks could just stop the deployment of the next tool (next non-vigilante tool?) laid - whatever that might be.
SgtWidget
SgtWidget
Quotidian
Quotidian

Back to top Go down

Mother, May I? - The Vigilant Fight Against Order Empty Re: Mother, May I? - The Vigilant Fight Against Order

Post by Cerdric Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:19 am

Again, this is a great idea and I really don't see any reason why it SHOULDN'T be added. In fact, I think that all classes should have some kind of "ultimate" tool; a tool that is very expensive and only for very high levels. (Seers: "black hole" portals that force a user through, vigilantes special nick that stops any tool from being laid, bedouin some kind of really awesome armour... etc) Possibly even only available at the max level.
Cerdric
Cerdric
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Back to top Go down

Mother, May I? - The Vigilant Fight Against Order Empty Re: Mother, May I? - The Vigilant Fight Against Order

Post by GiGi Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:40 pm

This thread has been reviewed and moved to FTL.
GiGi
GiGi
Valhalla Protocol
Valhalla Protocol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down