TNN Reboot Complex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

How Far Into the Universe Should We Go?

Other Games to play... I_vote_lcap47%Other Games to play... I_vote_rcap 47% [ 7 ]
Other Games to play... I_vote_lcap53%Other Games to play... I_vote_rcap 53% [ 8 ]

Total Votes : 15

Other Games to play...

4 posters

Go down

Other Games to play... Empty Other Games to play...

Post by dav13 Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:34 pm

There is rise to ruin, where burdenday went: http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=burdenday+rise+to+ruin

There's Evo - http://ev5.playevo.com/]
irc://irc.neondragon.net/chat

& then there is Farmville on Facebook - where I am afraid many people went to and were stuck there.

Last edited by Rainboy on Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cleaning house)
dav13
dav13
Intermediary
Intermediary

Back to top Go down

Other Games to play... Empty Re: Other Games to play...

Post by GiGi Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:56 pm

As far as our game goes I'd prefer to stay away from anything "card related". Having a card angle will narrow the field for us and potentially scare off educators/parents who want their kids to "learn while they play" rather than "play while they learn". The difference may seem small, but in marketing that small difference will be a factor. Also, to me the gaming card market seems oversaturated and almost dated at this point. We want to be able to present this as something new-- cutting edge. My first thought when I hear "online role playing card game" is "oh, you mean merchandising". Now Burdenday's new project may not have any plans for merchandising at all, but personally speaking, that's the first thing that comes to mind.

In regards to Burdenday's new project Rise/Ruin, it looks to be very well thought out both graphically and in game play. But it also seems to target a very specific audience, whereas we are hoping our project will appear desirable for a wider cross-section of markets.
We also need to be careful not to appear as Burdenday Stalkers-- following him from one project to another. He's worked hard to get to where he is, and I don't want to cheapen his accomplishments by merely copying his work.

I didn't search Evolution long, but what I can say about it is I don't like ad supported sites. Hopefully there will be no need for such tactics if we can be funded through grants. That is why I am hoping for more than one grant. Three would be preferable. This would give us the capital to do what we need, but not have to pass it on in cheap ads or pleas for cash to our players.

In regard to Farmville-- that is where phone apps go to die. There will be no farmville!!! (although eventually developing a phone app might not be a bad idea-- but that is waaaaay down the road, after the initial project is already up and running smoothly.)

Thanks dav13 for doing the digging. This helped me solidify some questions about direction that I hadn't even though of. Even knowing what we don't want steers us closer to our goal.
GiGi
GiGi
Valhalla Protocol
Valhalla Protocol

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerdric Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:51 am

I really like Rise and Ruin... Smile
Once it kicks off again I'm sure to be an active participant there.
Cerdric
Cerdric
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Elric58 Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:26 am

I love a wide variety of games, but I have to say I agree with GiGi (so far) on the direction that our project should not take. This is not at all a slam on other games or other people's taste in games. It is just a statement of my opinion on our project and its direction.

We should strive (and are striving) to create something fairly unique that will be 'attractive' to as wide a range of people as possible. This will take us some time to figure out and fine tune, but in the end it will be well worth the time and effort.

This post seems a bit out of place for this thread, but I just kind of noticed this and am unwilling to not post it anyway! Razz
Elric58
Elric58
Enterprising
Enterprising

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum