TNN Reboot Complex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

How Far Into the Universe Should We Go?

Werewolf XIV: The Core - Just One More... I_vote_lcap47%Werewolf XIV: The Core - Just One More... I_vote_rcap 47% [ 7 ]
Werewolf XIV: The Core - Just One More... I_vote_lcap53%Werewolf XIV: The Core - Just One More... I_vote_rcap 53% [ 8 ]

Total Votes : 15

Werewolf XIV: The Core - Just One More...

+7
cml
Elric58
nginferno
Foxycleopatra
GiGi
MMage
Rainboy
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Werewolf XIV: The Core - Just One More... Empty Werewolf XIV: The Core - Just One More...

Post by Rainboy Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:16 am

Welcome to a rather special version of our beloved Werewolf games. Due to Christmas being just around the corner, this game will start on the 27th, assuming we have the 12 players I want when I get the 12th player.

Playerlist:
00: Rainboy
01: MMage
02: GiGi
03: Foxycleopatra
04: NGInferno
05: Elric58
06: CML
07: Blackblade9
08: Cerdric
09: LoKI v.1
10: Dracomancer176
11: GEOvanne
12:
13:
14:
15:
Note: Slots 13-15 are not needed for us to start, but are open if we have people who want to join.
Soul, R9, Widget, Malq and Illeria have been invited, but have yet to sign up.

Win Conditions:
The Villagers will win if a living villager posts the name of the Werewolves and their Key Codes in the thread at once and UNENCRYPTED. Posting incorrect data will result in the poster's death.
The Werewolves will win if a living wolf posts the Key Codes for all living villagers in the thread at once UNENCRYPTEDOR if there are no living villagers in the game. Posting incorrect data will result in the poster's death.
Note: This means that the wolves CAN win from the dead if all the villagers die before finding them. It also means that the villagers don't necessarily need to lynch the wolves.

Rules:
  • Each player will be given a Key Code at the start of the game. Players MUST encrypt all of their posts and game related IRC conversations with their Key Code and posting or giving your Key Code, even in encrypted form, will result in a modkill. (You can use this page to encode or decode messages)

• Casual chat on IRC may be unencoded, but I will be strict on what counts as casual. If in doubt, ask me first.

• Non-wolf roles may NOT use PMs or have a private IRC conversation unless it is with the host, or the host has specifically allowed it.

• Wolves may NOT use PMs or have a private IRC conversation unless it is with the host, with other wolves, or the host has specifically allowed it.

• Rule one does not apply when talking to the host in private, or when a wolf is talking to another wolf in private. Players may also post votes and the current tally without encryption.

• All posts MUST be understandable when decoded with your key code - no posting garbage to throw people off and no posting further codes inside your encrypted message. I will be randomly checking up on this rule and violators will be publicly warned or Modkilled as I see fit.

• All public IRC chatlogs will be uploaded and a download link will be posted in the thread along with each dawn post. People may not read them; but then again, they just might.

• If there are no Werewolves alive in the game, the night kill will be randomized.

• Lynched players and Modkills that are not replaced will have their alignment publicly revealed; mauled players will not.

• Players must post each round or let me know that they will be gone and when they will be back. The first time a player does not post, they will receive a warning; the second time they will be Modkilled.

• There will be no R0. The first phase will be village voting.

• There will be no revives, no third teams and no hidden players. Players who do not make a post for a full round will be warned. After a warning, you will be modkilled if you go another round without a post.

• Players who let me know they will be gone and when they will get back will not be modkilled, and I will post with when they will get back.

Roles:
Most roles will focus on finding and decoding things instead of taking direct action on a player. Some will be able to find bits of the Master Code or Player Key Codes, while others will be able to decode messages or forum posts. A few roles will be able to hide or further encrypt things, and these roles may be on either side (so don't go lynching them for that reason alone). The wolves aren't the only ones who need to keep their Key Codes hidden. Wink

You can, however, expect the roles to be rather simple and straight forward. This game focuses on the encryption, so there will be less Power Roles and only two wolves. That's not to say that the simple villagers of the game have no power, though; everyone will be able to decode certain things, some just do it better/faster than others.

There will be one Evil Villager who wins with the wolves. He may not win for the wolves, and does not start out knowing the wolves. The wolves must still solve his Key Code to win.

Items:
There will be two items. They will be given to random players R0, and must be passed to a living player each night. Players cannot pass to the player they received the item from or to currently dead players, and a wolf cannot pass to another wolf. Failure to submit a valid pass will result in a random pass.

The Universal Decoder (Item)
The holder of the Universal Decoder may choose one message from the thread and will receive its decoded version.

The Universal Transmitter (Item)
The holder of the Universal Transmitter may send messages to any one player. To send a message, PM the host with the player you wish to contact and the message you wish to send. The host will encode your message with your Key Code and send it at his earliest convenience.
Note: Messages asking players to respond a certain way in the thread are not allowed unless anyone decoding the content of the post would be able to understand its intended message. (IE - Don’t ask players to post in the thread at 9:00 if they know who the wolves are, or to comment on the weather if they know your key code; but you may ask them to post their key code, or to post with the names of the wolves.)

Code Breakdown:
Each round, I will post a bit of info in the thread. It will be game changing, but it will be encoded with a Round Code. The Round Code will be broken up into three pieces and each living player will receive a random piece.
Furthermore, each player's role will be displayed at the bottom of this post. The names will be double encrypted using first the player's Key Code and second a Master Key Code. Some players may learn parts of the Master Code, but they will need to work together to figure the whole thing out. Good luck!

Player Key Codes - Each player will get one and must use it to encrypt all their messages. They all start with PK followed by the player's lowercase name, a dash and ten digits.
Code:
Example: PKrainboy-wE90Rd8fsD
Round Key Codes - Each Round Code will be split into three parts and each living player will receive one part. They all start with R and are followed by the round number, dash and three four digit pieces separated by a dash.
Code:
Example: R8-a8m9-k2iu-2Ht8
Master Key Code - The Master Code starts with MK and is followed by a dash and ten digits.
Code:
Example: MK-aR0o2h6Qc5
All codes will use only alphanumeric characters (including both uppercase and lowercase letters) plus dashes in set locations.

Last edited by Rainboy on Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:48 pm; edited 33 times in total
Rainboy
Rainboy
Valhalla Protocol
Valhalla Protocol

Back to top Go down

Werewolf XIV: The Core - Just One More... Empty Re: Werewolf XIV: The Core - Just One More...

Post by MMage Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:19 am

Sign meh up Rain.
MMage
MMage
Valhalla Protocol
Valhalla Protocol

Back to top Go down

Werewolf XIV: The Core - Just One More... Empty Re: Werewolf XIV: The Core - Just One More...

Post by GiGi Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:21 am

I'm in.
GiGi
GiGi
Valhalla Protocol
Valhalla Protocol

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainboy Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:22 am

Yay, it's an admin party!
Rainboy
Rainboy
Valhalla Protocol
Valhalla Protocol

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxycleopatra Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:26 am

sined up
Foxycleopatra
Foxycleopatra
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Back to top Go down

Post by nginferno Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:11 am

O_O sounds fun. Im in.
nginferno
nginferno
Adept of Pyromancy
Adept of Pyromancy

Back to top Go down

Post by Elric58 Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:22 am

Why not. Sounds overly complicated, though I think the game will be less so than the explanation of the game seems to be!

Looks like Foxy is taking Trigonometry! (/me hopes someone gets it.)

Advice for Rainboy - I advise you to edit your original post! Razz

Oh, and do the Werewolves really need any advice?!?! They win every game!! scratch

Last edited by Elric58 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Elric58
Elric58
Enterprising
Enterprising

Back to top Go down

Post by MMage Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:23 am

Elric58 wrote:Why not. Sounds overly complicated, though I think the game will be less so than the explanation of the game seems to be!

Looks like Foxy is taking Trigonometry! (/me hopes someone gets it.)

Advice for Rainboy - I advise you to edit your original post! Razz

I thought I would be the only person to see that. Admin fix get!
MMage
MMage
Valhalla Protocol
Valhalla Protocol

Back to top Go down

Post by Elric58 Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:25 am

Which part did you see? I made more than one point! confused
Elric58
Elric58
Enterprising
Enterprising

Back to top Go down

Post by MMage Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:25 am

I saw ALL OF THEM.

With my Admin Omnipotence.
MMage
MMage
Valhalla Protocol
Valhalla Protocol

Back to top Go down

Post by Elric58 Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:07 am

So, the wolves can win if they kill all the villagers, but the villagers can't win by killing all the wolves. Sounds a bit off somehow.
Elric58
Elric58
Enterprising
Enterprising

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainboy Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:34 am

There are other factors to balance things out. Trust me on that one.

EDIT: My 100th post. Yay. Razz
Rainboy
Rainboy
Valhalla Protocol
Valhalla Protocol

Back to top Go down

Post by Elric58 Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:43 am

Well, now, aren't we up late!! Wasn't expecting a reply until later on this morning, like sometime after 8am.
Elric58
Elric58
Enterprising
Enterprising

Back to top Go down

Post by cml Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:34 am

/in
cml
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by blackblade9 Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:22 am

3 words for ya, I WANT PIZZA, er or was it sign me up, meh i can neve tell

(incase it was unclear thats a "sign me up")
blackblade9
blackblade9
Enterprising
Enterprising

Back to top Go down

Post by Elric58 Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:46 am

That was as clear as mud!! lol!
Elric58
Elric58
Enterprising
Enterprising

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainboy Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:39 am

I'm half tempted to give you karma... and half tempted to take it away...

Anyway, I may be out the week directly after Christmas. If I am, the game obviously can't start until I get back. So now we're talking January 2nd...
Rainboy
Rainboy
Valhalla Protocol
Valhalla Protocol

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainboy Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:57 am

Xen and Soul, you are both hereby commanded to show yourselves and sign up. Just do it!
Rainboy
Rainboy
Valhalla Protocol
Valhalla Protocol

Back to top Go down

Post by LoKI v.1 Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:52 pm

I r already signed up, how strange... O.o
LoKI v.1
LoKI v.1
Gets Free Cookies
Gets Free Cookies

https://tnnrebootcomplex.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainboy Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:38 pm

Added some incentive for the village to lynch people. Lynched players and modkills will have their alignment publicly revealed, while the mauls remain hidden.
Rainboy
Rainboy
Valhalla Protocol
Valhalla Protocol

Back to top Go down

Post by LoKI v.1 Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:21 pm

I have added a link to the encoder to the nav bar, for the people like me who couldn't figure out where it was Very Happy
LoKI v.1
LoKI v.1
Gets Free Cookies
Gets Free Cookies

https://tnnrebootcomplex.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Elric58 Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:57 am

HmQITaOjo6PZH2s+C7ituzio48u8w7WDfD+3fAloNPI=

Is this the kind of thing we'll be seeing out here? XD
Elric58
Elric58
Enterprising
Enterprising

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainboy Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:43 pm

Yep. Lots of that kind of stuff.

List of things that do NOT need to be encoded:
(Please note that the 'no codes outside your key code' rule still applies, so please don't abuse these to relay info you shouldn't)
  • Votes and vote tallies MUST be unencoded in the thread. Reasons for voting, or any other extra information related to your vote, must be encoded.
  • The name of the player you are directing your post at, placed first in the line. (eg, @Elric)
  • Forum elements, such as bold or italic do not need to be encoded, but their contents do.
  • Links to the encrypted text are suggested, but not required. You are free to copy the 'forum code' from the encoder and paste it into your post, and you may even do so instead of posting the actual encoded text, if you wish.
  • Requests about the rules may be unencoded to ensure I catch them. Please do not place rule requests in between encoded text.
  • Please encode each line of text as a whole. Each encryption must have at least one return before the next.

Example Post (striked text must be encoded)
@cml - I'm watching you. One wrong move and you'll have my vote, sir.

Elric, When you said"HmQITaOjo6PZH2s+C7ituzio48u8w7WDfD+3fAloNPI=", I had no idea what you were talking about because I don't have your Key Code.
Rainboy
Rainboy
Valhalla Protocol
Valhalla Protocol

Back to top Go down

Post by dracomancer176 Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:08 pm

im in just ill need help dont really get new rules its my first game
dracomancer176
dracomancer176
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainboy Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:10 pm

Fine by me, welcome aboard!

Feel free to ask me anything you need me to clear up.
Rainboy
Rainboy
Valhalla Protocol
Valhalla Protocol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next